Hey everybody! I am back for another Tag Tuesday with the I Never book tag which I discovered on HardbackHoarders YouTube channel.
1. “I never read that!” Name a book that you’ve never read, that everyone else has.
For this one I’m going with Twilight, and everyone has read this. But I haven’t. And I really do not intend on doing so. I’m not interested in the books at all but it’s the perfect answer for this question.
2. “I never read anything so awesome!” Name your favorite book.
For this of course I am going with Moxie. My review is going up on the 5th of March for this novel, but I loved it so much and you will find out more of my thoughts on Monday.
3. “I never thought I would get through it.” Name a book that you didn’t like, but powered through it anyway.
When I read The Night Circus, I really enjoyed the circus element. That’s it. And it got so annoying. I didn’t care for it at all but I did want to read it, so I finished it. I read this last summer, and I was at a friends place at the time and I kept complaining about it. Needless to say, I don’t think they’ll pick it up.
4. “I will never finish that!” Name a book or a series that you don’t plan on finishing.
I started the ink heart series 2 years ago. I own all the books. I read the first one and thought it was alright, but then the second book. It reminds me so much of Game of Thrones. There are too many characters, I can not keep track, I had no idea what was happening. And if you think there weren’t that many characters, there was literally a person register at the back of the books like by the Game of Thrones books. I’m never touching ink heart again and it’s taking up too much space on my shelf.
5. “I will never regret reading that.” Name a book you read solely on a recommendation that you ended up really liking.
When I finished reading The Fault in Our Stars, I stumbled upon this article on Pinterest. And of course the first thing that I actually acknowledged (although it was near the end of the list) was Anna and the French Kiss, because my best friends name is Anna. After reading the super cute summary, I really wanted to pick up this novel and I did. And I completely loved it.
6. ” I would never do that!” Name a relatable book character who made choices you didn’t agree with, or did things you would never do.
See I don’t really like this character, but Olivia from Fireworks by Katie Cotugno is someone that I just cannot agree with. She’s a terrible friend and !!SPOILERS FOR FIREWORKS!! she makes a pact where if Guy chooses one of them, they won’t do it, for their friendship. Olivia made this pact. Dana gets offered the whole star package and she declines because of the pact with Olivia, because their friendship is very important to her. Then Guy offers the same thing to Olivia after Dana declined him, and she fucking says yes. She’s such a backstabber and a shit friend, I have more thoughts on this in my review but I do not like her.
7. “I never wanted to admit it.” Name a book that you were embarrassed to say you read or were embarrassed to carry around with you.
I love the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, but the covers are really cringey. You cannot deny that. They match the story, but they are horrible. I hated reading them in public, although the story was soo good.
8. “I never read anything so heartwarming.” Name a book or a series that really touched your heart.
The entirety of The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli is the cutest thing ever and every time I think of it, I get so happy. I love this book to pieces, I wish I had written a review of it when I had read it. Because I do want to reread my review, but there is none.
9. “I never laughed so hard!” Name a book that made you laugh out loud.
Rick Riordan is the king of funny novels. Mainly because they are middle grade, but they are so funny. I love seeing fan art on Instagram with the jokes mentioned in the books, because I love reliving those scenes.
10. “I never could have made it through childhood without it.” Name a favorite childhood book or book series.
I wasn’t that big of a reader when I was younger, but I was a religious reader of Little Miss series. I was obsessed with them. I befriended the librarian because i kept reading the books. They’re so amazing, for kids of course, but who knows, you might get a kick out of it too.
So these were my answers for the I never book tag. I really enjoyed this tag and I hope you guys give it a go aswell. 🤗🤗